A high quality, high-density foam, tough and chew-resistant waterproof dog bed mattress. Ideal for country dogs & outdoor use. Hand made in Britain UK.
The Chunky Mattress Waterproof Dog Bed
£35.00 – £85.00
The Chunky Mattress Waterproof Dog Bed
- An ideal waterproof custom dog bed for country dogs who get dirty and wet on a frequent basis.
- Great for dogs who need a comfortable place to dry off, whilst being ready for almost any sort of watery or muddy situation that calls for heavy-duty durability.
- The waterproof cover can be removed from the inner filling via a zippered edge on the short side.
- Our waterproof material is a 600-denier polyester tight-weave rip-stop threading with 100% waterproof PVC backing. It stands up to even the most prevelant of digging, nesting and clawing dogs. However, like anything that can be cut with scissors, it’s not invincible.
- With options between our High-Density Foam Slab Filling which is sturdy and soft, or our High-Density Foam Chip Filling which is looser and softer, The Chunky Mattress offers the best of both worlds.
- If you’re looking for one of the best quality, yet great value, small to extra large waterproof dog beds, this is it.
Available Sizes & Colours
The below sizes are matched to the most common dog crate / cage sizes.
All sizes are approximate due to slight variations in the manufacturing process.
On-screen colours will vary across different devices and screen display settings.
Can’t find the size you need?
Or looking for a custom dog bed for a specific purpose? See The Made-To-Measure Waterproof Custom Dog Bed Mat & Mattress calculator.
|Extra Large XL – £85.00||122L x 76W x 10H cm
(4′ 0″ x 2′ 6″ x 0′ 4″)
|Large L – £65.00||107L x 69W x 10H cm
(3′ 6″ x 2′ 3″ x 0′ 4″)
|Medium M – £55.00||91L x 56W x 10H cm
(3′ 0″ x 1′ 10″ x 0′ 4″)
|Small S – £45.00||76L x 48W x 10H cm
(2′ 6″ x 1′ 7″ x 0′ 4″)
|Extra Small XS – £35.00||61L x 46W x 10H cm
(2′ 0″ x 1′ 6″ x 0′ 4″)
The waterproof material we use is comprised of two layers;
- The outer layer is a tight-weave 600-denier polyester rip-stop threading. This fabric looks, feels and performs like top-end quality upholstery products. The texturized polyester makes for a very tough dog bed material, as the yarns weave tightly together to perform a rip-stop effect that is so durable it can stand up to even the most prevelant of digging, nesting and clawing dogs. However, like anything that can be cut with scissors, it’s not invincible. The tight-weave threading allows only a minimum of dog hairs to stick to it, which can easily be vacuumed or damp-rubbed off.
- The inner layer is a well-weighted PVC that is laminated onto the back of the threading. This layer provides a 100% waterproof, rubber-like flexibility that is both durable and long lasting.
The Benefits of Our Waterproof Material
- Outer permeable polyester fabric layer keeps the dog cooler in the summer;
- Inner 100% waterproof PVC layer keeps the filling dry;
- Makes for a heavy duty, chew resistant, durable and tough dog bed;
- Perfect for nesting and clawing dogs;
- Easy to keep clean with wiping, hose or jetwash;
- Chew, dirt, mold, mildew, flea, mite, hair and odour resistant;
Important Note For Outdoor Use
This material is 100% waterproof however if left outside, consistent rain can eventually soak through sewing seams, saturating the inner filler. For this reason, we suggest using the bed ideally undercover or indoors only.
The Chunky Mattress is available in two bed filling options, both of which come encased in a stockinette cover to allow easy removal of the outer waterproof cover.
Our High-Density Foam Slabs
The foam slab provides a firmer level of support.
The foam slab filling when utilized within the 10 cm / 4 inch Chunky Mattress, will feel similar in firmness to a medium-density memory foam mattress.
Our High-Density Foam Crumb
The foam crumb provides a softer level of support.
The crumbed foam chip filling when utilized within the 10 cm / 4 inch Chunky Mattress, creates a softer and more gentle base for the dog to rest on, and is ideal for use as an orthopaedic dog bed. Older dogs who require more of a softer level of support for their joints will benefit most from this filling option.
The Foam Density We Use
In all of our dog beds we use high-density furniture-grade foam, in the form of either a foam slab or crumbed foam chip, encased in a stockinette cover.
We use this foam density instead of memory foam because it is often the case that even the softest of memory foam types can be too hard on the dog’s joints and pressure points, robbing the dog of potential comfort.
On the flip-side, lower density foam with its larger air-pockets, tends to be overly soft, to the point where the dog’s body will tend to sink and rest on the floor, again robbing the dog of potential comfort.
Great for use anywhere indoors or undercover such as…
- Dog crates and cages;
- Back of 4×4 or car boot;
- Outdoor kennels;
- Living rooms;
- Under kitchen worktops;
- Utility rooms;
- That little space under the stairs;
- the list goes on!
The Chunky Mattress Waterproof Dog Bed has a zippered washable removable cover.
Keep your washable dog bed clean by:
- Brushing off loose dirt;
- Wet/damp wipe down with a cloth;
- Rinse under a running tap;
- Hose down and scrub with a brush;
- or Pressure wash.
- Allow to naturally air dry.
- Machine wash at no more than 30c to preserve the waterproofing.
Hand wash, hose or pressue wash, wash in washing machine up to 30c. Do not not bleach, do not tumble dry, do not iron, do not iron steam.
We manufacture all of our dog beds and covers by hand in Totnes, Devon UK.
- Free UK Mainland Delivery – Spend Over £60
- Next Day UK Mainland Courier Delivery (Monday–Friday) – £4.95
- For delivery to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of White, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands – Guernsey & Jersey, Northern Ireland and Republic Of Ireland please refer to our Delivery Outside of UK Mainland section.
While we do carry stock for all of our products, we cannot guarantee that the product you order will be in-stock and thus it will have to be manufactured before we can dispatch it to you.
For products that are in-stock, order before 4pm for dispatch the next working day.
For products that are not in-stock, the product will be manufactured and dispatched within 1-3 working days.
See our Delivery page for further information.