A high quality, high-density foam, tough and chew-resistant waterproof dog bed sofa. Ideal for country dogs & outdoor use*. Hand made in Britain UK.
The Snug Sofa Waterproof Dog Bed
£25.00 – £60.00
The Snug Sofa Waterproof Dog Bed
An ideal waterproof dog bed for country, game and active dogs who get dirty and wet on a frequent basis.
Ideal for both older and younger dogs, The Snug Sofa dog bed offers excellent levels of comfort and a great place to dry off.
Available Sizes & Colours
The below sizes are matched to the most common dog crate / cage sizes.
All sizes are approximate due to slight variations in the manufacturing process.
On-screen colours will vary across different devices and screen display settings.
Can’t find the size you need?
Or looking for a unique dog bed for a specific purpose? See our Made-To-Measure Waterproof Custom Dog Bed Mat & Mattress calculator.
|Extra Large XL – £60.00||107L x 87W x 28H cm
(3′ 6″ x 2′ 10″ x 0′ 11″)
Inner: 80L x 56W cm
(2′ 7″ x 1′ 10″)
|Large L – £50.00||96L x 74W x 25H cm
(3′ 2″ x 2′ 5″ x 0′ 10″)
Inner: 66L x 45W cm
(2′ 2″ x 1′ 6″)
|Medium M – £40.00||82L x 66W x 23H cm
(2′ 8″ x 2′ 2″ x 0′ 9″)
Inner: 52L x 40W cm
(1′ 8″ x 1′ 4″)
|Small S – £25.00||68L x 58W x 22H cm
(2′ 3″ x 1′ 11″ x 0′ 9″)
Inner: 45L x 35W cm
(1′ 6″ x 1′ 2″)
The waterproof material we use is comprised of two layers;
- The outer layer is a tight-weave 600-denier polyester rip-stop threading. This fabric looks, feels and performs like top-end quality upholstery products. The texturised polyester makes for a very tough dog bed material, as the yarns weave tightly together to perform a rip-stop effect that is so durable it can stand up to even the most prevailant of digging, nesting and clawing dogs. The tight-weave threading allows only a minimum of dog hairs to stick to it, which can easily be vacuumed or damp-rubbed off.
- The inner layer is a well-weighted PVC that is laminated onto the back of the threading. This layer provides a 100% waterproof, rubber-like flexiblity that is both durable and long lasting.
The Benefits of Our Waterproof Material
- Outer breathable polyester fabric layer keeps the dog cooler in the summer;
- Inner 100% waterproof PVC layer;
- Heavy duty, chew resistant, durable, hard-wearing fabric material;
- Perfect for nesting and clawing dogs;
- Easy to keep clean with wiping, hose or jetwash;
- Chew, dirt, mold, mildew, flea, mite, hair and odour resistant;
Important Note For Outdoor Use
This material is 100% waterproof however if left outisde, consistent rain can eventually soak through sewing seams, saturating the inner filler. For this reason we suggest using the bed ideally undercover or indoors only.
Dogs love resting their heads on The Snug Sofa dog bed’s walls, which are thickly stuffed with hollow-fibre polymer.
The walls and their holllow-fibre stuffing perform well by:
- Supporting the dog’s head in a firm raised position, whilst being soft just to the point where it allows the dog to comfortably adjust the contouring of its head positioning with the rest of its body;
- Acting as a good thermal insulation layer to protect the dog from nearby cold walls and floors;
- Preventing drafts from blowing onto the dog’s body contained within the nest of the bed.
The Snug Sofa’s base cushion is filled with furniture-grade high-density foam chip. The chipping provides a softer and more orthorpeic very comfortable and non-clumping.
The base cushion can be removed from the rest of the bed for easy cleaning.
In all of our dog beds we use high-density furniture-grade foam, in the form of either a foam slab or crumbed foam chip, encased in a stockinette cover.
We use this foam density instead of memory foam because it is often the case that even the softest of memory foam types can be too hard on the dog’s joints and pressure points, robbing the dog of potential comfort. On the flip-side, lower density foam with its larger air-pockets, tends to be overly soft, to the point where the dog’s body will tend to sink and rest on the floor, again robbing the dog of potential comfort.
Our high-density foam slabs
Our foam slabs provide a firmer level of support.
In our 2 inch / 5 cm thick beds, the foam slab gives a perfectly balanced level of firmness to softness for most dog weights and sizes.
In our 4 inch / 10 cm thick beds, the foam slab will feel firmer, more like a memory foam bed.
Our high-density foam crumbed chipping
The crumbed foam chipping provides a softer level of comfort,
for all pet weights, and especially more-so for extra large dog bed sizes where the dog will often naturally weigh more.
Great for use anywhere indoors or undercover such as..
- Dog crates;
- Back of 4×4 or car boot;
- Living room;
- Utility room;
- Outdoor kennels;
- and more!
The Comfy Sofa beds do not have removable covers, hand wash only.
The removable base cushions do not have removable washable covers.
Keep your washable dog bed clean by:
- Brushing off loose dirt;
- Wet/damp wipe down with a cloth;
- Rinse under a running tap;
- Hose down and scrub with a brush;
- or Pressure wash.
We manufacture all of our dog beds by hand in Totnes, Devon UK.
- Free UK Mainland Delivery – Spend Over £60
- 1 Day UK Mainland Courier Delivery (Monday–Friday) – £4.95
- For delivery to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of White, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands – Guernsey & Jersey, Northern Ireland and Republic Of Ireland please refer to our Delivery Outside of UK Mainland section.
While we do carry stock for all of our products, we cannot guarantee that the product you order will be in-stock and thus it will have to be manufactured before we can dispatch it to you.
For products that are in-stock, order before 4pm for dispatch the next working day.
For products that are not in-stock, the product will be manufactured and dispatched within 1-3 working days.
See our Delivery page for further information.