The Chunky Mattress Format
The Comfy Floor Mat Format
The waterproof material we use is comprised of two layers;
- The outer layer is a tight-weave 600-denier polyester rip-stop threading. This fabric looks, feels and performs like top-end quality upholstery products. The texturized polyester makes for a very tough dog bed material, as the yarns weave tightly together to perform a rip-stop effect that is so durable it can stand up to even the most prevelant of digging, nesting and clawing dogs. However, like anything that can be cut with scissors, it’s not invincible. The tight-weave threading allows only a minimum of dog hairs to stick to it, which can easily be vacuumed or damp-rubbed off.
- The inner layer is a well-weighted PVC that is laminated onto the back of the threading. This layer provides a 100% waterproof, rubber-like flexibility that is both durable and long lasting.
The Benefits of Our Waterproof Material
- Outer permeable polyester fabric layer keeps the dog cooler in the summer;
- Inner 100% waterproof PVC layer keeps the filling dry;
- Makes for a heavy duty, chew resistant, durable and tough dog bed;
- Perfect for nesting and clawing dogs;
- Easy to keep clean with wiping, hose or jetwash;
- Chew, dirt, mold, mildew, flea, mite, hair and odour resistant;
*Important Note For Outdoor Use
This material is 100% waterproof however if left outside, consistent rain can eventually soak through sewing seams, saturating the inner filler. For this reason, we suggest using the bed ideally undercover or indoors only.
The Made-To-Measure Waterproof Custom Dog Bed Mat & Mattress is available in two bed filling options, both of which come encased in a stockinette cover to allow easy removal of the outer waterproof cover.
The High-Density Foam Slab Filling
The furniture-grade high-density foam slab provides an orthopedic level of support.
- 5 cm / 2 in thick, at this thickness the foam slab filling creates a good balance between softness and firmness for all dog sizes and weights.
- 10 cm / 4 in – 20 cm / 8 in thick, the foam slab filling will feel similar in firmness to a soft memory foam mattress, making it ideal for use as a waterproof orthopedic dog bed.
- Older dogs who require a comfortable yet firm level of support for their joints will benefit most from The Foam Slab Filling.
The High-Density Foam Crumb Filling
The furniture-grade high-density foam crumb, also known as foam chipping, provides a slightly softer level of support.
- 5 cm / 2 in thick, not available in The Foam Crumb Filling.
- 10 cm / 4 in – 20 cm / 8 in thick, the crumbed foam chip filling creates a slightly softer more indulgent base for the dog to rest on, it will feel somewhat akin to that of a firm furniture cushion.
The Foam Density We Use
In all of our dog beds we use high-density furniture-grade foam, in the form of either a foam slab or crumbed foam chip, encased in a stockinette cover.
We use this foam density instead of memory foam because it is often the case that even the softest of memory foam types can be too hard on the dog’s joints and pressure points, robbing the dog of potential comfort.
On the flip-side, lower density foam with its larger air-pockets, tends to be overly soft, to the point where the dog’s body will tend to sink and rest on the floor, again robbing the dog of potential comfort.
These made-to-measure dog beds along with the endless possibilities that can come with shape cut-outs, mean that they can go beyond the sole confines of kanine use.
They are great for use anywhere indoors or undercover such as…
- Use as a round dog bed;
- To renew or upgrade the oval dog bed mat within a plastic or whicker dog basket;
- For use in non-standard special sized dog crates and outdoor kennels;
- For use within car boots, 4×4’s, vans, tractors & lorry cabs;
- Use as outdoor kennel mats;
- For that cosy spot under the stairs;
- For those spaces under the kitchen worktops & utility room tables;
- For window sills and raised platforms;
- In living rooms and bedrooms;
- As bench seat pads in yachts & narrowboats;
- For mattresses and seat cushions in caravans, camper vans & motorhomes;
- the possibilities are endless!
The Made-To-Measure Waterproof Custom Dog Bed Mats & Mattresses come with a zippered washable removable cover.
Keep your washable dog bed clean by:
- Brushing off loose dirt;
- Wet/damp wipe down with a cloth;
- Rinse under a running tap;
- Hose down and scrub with a brush;
- or Pressure wash.
- Allow to naturally air dry.
- Machine wash at no more than 30c to preserve the waterproofing.
Hand wash, hose or pressue wash, wash in washing machine up to 30c. Do not not bleach, do not tumble dry, do not iron, do not iron steam.
The Gleneagles Tartan & Fleece Covers also have zippered edges for easy removal and application, and can be kept clean by:
- Brushing off loose dirt;
- Hand washing;
- Wash in washing machine;
- Tumble dry or allow to naturally air dry.
Hand wash, wash in washing machine up to 30c, tumble dry. Do not not bleach, do not iron, do not iron steam.
We manufacture all of our dog beds and covers by hand in Totnes, Devon UK.
Lengths over 190 cm and widths over 100 cm cannot be delivered outside of UK mainland. For those within UK mainland, a £35.00 delivery fee will incur for anything over these sizes.
- Free UK Mainland Delivery – Spend Over £60
- Next Day UK Mainland Courier Delivery (Monday–Friday) – £4.95
- For delivery to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of White, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands – Guernsey & Jersey, Northern Ireland and Republic Of Ireland please refer to our Delivery Outside of UK Mainland section.
While we do carry stock for all of our products, we cannot guarantee that the product you order will be in-stock and thus it will have to be manufactured before we can dispatch it to you.
For products that are in-stock, order before 4pm for dispatch the next working day.
For products that are not in-stock, the product will be manufactured and dispatched within 1-3 working days.
See our Delivery page for further information.