A quality high-density foam tough & chew-resistant washable heavy-duty waterproof dog bed sofa. Ideal for home & country dogs who like to lounge. Hand made in Britain UK.
The Snug Sofa Waterproof Dog Bed
£25.00 – £60.00
The Snug Sofa Waterproof Dog Bed
- An ideal waterproof custom dog bed for country dogs who get dirty and wet on a frequent basis.
- Great for dogs who need a comfortable place to dry off, whilst being ready for almost any sort of watery or muddy situation that calls for heavy-duty durability.
- The waterproof covers are not replaceable on The Snug Sofa, however a variety of Snug Sofa Base Cushion Covers are available.
- Our waterproof material is a 600-denier polyester tight-weave rip-stop threading with 100% waterproof PVC backing. It stands up to even the most prevalant of digging, nesting and clawing dogs. However, like anything that can be cut with scissors, it’s not invincible.
- With its High-Density Foam Chip Filling in the base cushion and Hollow-Fibre Filled walls, The Snug Sofa offers excellent levels of comfort for dogs of all sizes.
- If you’re looking for one of the best quality, yet great value, small to extra large waterproof dog beds, this is it.
Available Sizes & Colours
All sizes are approximate due to slight variations in the manufacturing process.
On-screen colours will vary across different devices and screen display settings.
Can’t find the size you need?
Or looking for a custom dog bed for a specific purpose? See The Made-To-Measure Waterproof Custom Dog Bed Mat & Mattress calculator.
|Extra Large XL – £60.00||107L x 87W x 28H cm
(42″ x 34″ x 11″ in)
Inner: 80L x 56W cm
(31″ x 22″ in)
|Large L – £50.00||96L x 74W x 25H cm
(38″ x 29″ x 10″ in)
Inner: 66L x 45W cm
(26″ x 18″ in)
|Medium M – £40.00||82L x 66W x 23H cm
(32″ x 26″ x 9″ in)
Inner: 52L x 40W cm
(20″ x 16″ in)
|Small S – £25.00||68L x 58W x 22H cm
(27″ x 23″ x 9″ in)
Inner: 45L x 35W cm
(18″ x 14″ in)
The waterproof material we use is comprised of two layers;
- The outer layer is a tight-weave 600-denier polyester rip-stop threading. This fabric looks, feels and performs like top-end quality upholstery products. The texturized polyester makes for a very tough dog bed material, as the yarns weave tightly together to perform a rip-stop effect that is so durable it can stand up to even the most prevalent of digging, nesting and clawing dogs. However, like anything that can be cut with scissors, it’s not invincible. The tight-weave threading allows only a minimum of dog hairs to stick to it, which can easily be vacuumed or damp-rubbed off.
- The inner layer is a well-weighted PVC that is laminated onto the back of the threading. This layer provides a 100% waterproof, rubber-like flexibility that is both durable and long lasting.
The Benefits of Our Waterproof Material
- Outer permeable polyester fabric layer keeps the dog cooler in the summer;
- Inner 100% waterproof PVC layer keeps the filling dry;
- Makes for a heavy duty, chew resistant, durable and tough dog bed;
- Perfect for nesting and clawing dogs;
- Easy to keep clean with wiping, hose or jetwash;
- Chew, dirt, mold, mildew, flea, mite, hair and odour resistant;
Important Note For Outdoor Use
This material is 100% waterproof however if left outside, consistent rain can eventually soak through sewing seams, saturating the inner filler. For this reason, we suggest using the bed ideally undercover or indoors only.
The Snug Sofa’s Outer-Wall Filling:
The Hollow-Fibre Polymer Filling
The Snug Sofa waterproof dog bed walls are thickly stuffed with hollow-fibre polymer. Dogs love resting their heads on the Snug Sofa’s walls, because they:
- Support the dog’s head in a firm raised position, whilst being soft just to the point where it allows the dog to comfortably adjust the contouring of its head positioning with the rest of its body;
- Act as a good thermal insulation layer to protect the dog from nearby cold walls and floors;
- Prevent some drafts from blowing onto the dog’s body contained within the nest of the bed.
The Snug Sofa’s Base Cushion Filling:
The High-Density Foam Crumb Filling
The furniture-grade high-density foam crumb, also known as foam chipping, provides a slightly softer level of support.
- The crumbed foam chip filling creates a slightly softer more indulgent base for the dog to rest on, it will feel somewhat akin to that of a semi-soft furniture cushion.
The Foam Density We Use
In all of our dog beds we use high-density furniture-grade foam, in the form of either a foam slab or crumbed foam chip, encased in a stockinette cover.
We use this foam density instead of memory foam because it is often the case that even the softest of memory foam types can be too hard on the dog’s joints and pressure points, robbing the dog of potential comfort.
On the flip-side, lower density foam with its larger air-pockets, tends to be overly soft, to the point where the dog’s body will tend to sink and rest on the floor, again robbing the dog of potential comfort.
Great for use anywhere indoors or undercover such as…
- Dog crates and cages;
- Back of 4×4 or car boot;
- Outdoor kennels;
- Living rooms;
- Under kitchen worktops;
- Utility rooms;
- That little space under the stairs;
- the list goes on!
The Snug Sofa Waterproof Dog Bed’s walls and base cushion do not have removable covers, hand wash only.
The base cushion can be removed from the rest of the bed for easy cleaning.
Keep your washable dog bed clean by:
- Brushing off loose dirt;
- Wet/damp wipe down with a cloth;
- Rinse under a running tap;
- Hose down and scrub with a brush;
- or Pressure wash.
- Allow to naturally air dry.
Hand wash, hose or pressure wash. Do not wash in washing machine, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, do not iron, do not iron steam.
We manufacture all of our dog beds and covers by hand in Totnes, Devon UK.
- Free UK Mainland Delivery – Spend Over £60
- Next Day UK Mainland Courier Delivery (Monday–Friday) – £4.95
- For delivery to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of White, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands – Guernsey & Jersey, Northern Ireland and Republic Of Ireland please refer to our Delivery Outside of UK Mainland section.
While we do carry stock for all of our products, we cannot guarantee that the product you order will be in-stock and thus it will have to be manufactured before we can dispatch it to you.
For products that are in-stock, order before 4pm for dispatch the next working day.
For products that are not in-stock, the product will be manufactured and dispatched within 1-3 working days.
See our Delivery page for further information.